Women Empowerment to Make a Change
Women empowerment to make a change
The project will be a pilot project that aims to promote entrepreneurial innovative thinking among East Jerusalem females. Elements of the project consist of direct outreach to individuals and training workshops and direct consultation on businesses development. Participants will have a clear vision and practices in the field of creative and innovative thinking, public speaking, entrepreneurship leadership and a selected group will have a deep businesses orientation and one to one follow up to enhance their business ideas. In summary the project aim to empower women and girls from East-Jerusalem by raising their capacities in different aspects as: innovative thinking, leadership, entrepreneurship, public speaking and business.
- Marketing the program in all applicable media tools.
- Scan applicants profile through an application form that shows the applicants profile and their interest.
- Select a group of 15-20 females where priority will be given to females with potential business ideas.
- Provide 12 training hours about innovative thinking and leadership by local trainers where JEST will be using its network to look for 3 trainers in the field and choose the best fit.
- Provide 12 training hours about entrepreneurship, which include live examples for entrepreneurs by local trainers where JEST will be using its network to look for 3 trainers in the field and choose the best fit.
- Provide 12 training hours about public speaking (pitching ideas) by local trainers where JEST will be using its network to look for 3 trainers in the field and choose the best fit.
- Provide group training and 1-1 sessions with business consultant in order to mature their ideas and enlighten their knowledge in the different aspects of business. These special sessions will run for the top suggested businesses.
- Evaluation surveys will be filled by the participants at the end of each training theme
Expected project results:
- Girls and women with leadership skills.
- Girls and women with a mindset towards entrepreneurship.
- Girls and women with good skills to speak in public.
- 5 females with ready to kick off ideas.
JEST alway depends on building the programs about the feedback received from the community about their needs and their problems and try to tackle these issues by building comprehensive programs that help in solving their needs.
After the program JEST with the use of its network of mentors will continue following on with the participants, follow their achievements, provide advice to reach the success we are seeking in order to build the role models for future programs.
As been mentioned to minimize the high number of un-employment in the city we decided to focus on women needs and support, where we will follow up with the beneficiaries on each case to be sure that she benefited from the training by helping her start launching or moving towards her new startup or join an existing one.
This project have been designed to serve females in the society in order to empower them and facilitate their contribution to the city economy.